REST Controllers vs GraphQL. You’ve probably heard of GraphQL but maybe you haven’t played with it yet. We talk with Ben Wilson, co-creator of Absinthe, a GraphQL library for Elixir and the book Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe to get a better idea of how REST and GraphQL compare.
In this episode we discuss benefits of GraphQL, familiarity of REST, making requests over channels, getting versioning benefits, aggregating disparate data, reduced payload sizes, some of the challenges, the impact of macros on Absinthe, and much more!
Elixir Community News
- New Book: Testing Elixir by Andrea Leopardi and Jeffrey Matthias
- Elixir Ecosystem Survey 2020 – Write in the ThinkingElixir Podcast!
- ElixirForum announced a new discussion platform for the Elixir/Erlang communities
- Apple WWDC, new processors moving to ARM. What does that mean for Elixir development?
- Interview on Elixir Fountain
- ElixirConf 2015 – Streams, External Services, and OTP
- ElixirConf 2016 – No REST for the Wicked. Building a GraphQL
- ElixirConf 2017 – Live APIs with GraphQL Subscriptions
- The Big Elixir 2018 – Trapped By Our Tools
- Ben Wilson – @benwilson512 – on Github
- CargoSense – @cargosense
Find us online
- Message the show – @ThinkingElixir
- Mark Ericksen – @brainlid
- David Bernheisel – @bernheisel
- Cade Ward – Github