Elixir 1.11 is shaping up to be a huge release with a number of “big deal” features. We are joined by Wojtek Mach to help us understand the significance of some of the new features. These include an improved recompilation process, when alias is preferred over import, improved compiler checks for structs, Erlang help docs in IEx, and more!
Elixir Community News
- https://github.com/elixir-lsp/elixir-ls – ElixirLS 0.5.0 released with improved autocomplete
- https://www.tddphoenix.com/work-in-progress/ – German Velesco published a WIP book on TDD for Elixir
- https://elixir-lang.org/blog/2020/06/23/growing-with-elixir-at-brex/ – Elixir’s website is going to start publishing case studies. The first one is on Brex.
- https://github.com/aesmail/kaffy – Kaffy provides a quick way of spinning up an admin portal to manage your resources. Works with Phoenix contexts.
- https://2020.elixirconf.com/ – ElixirConf US 2020 Announced and CFP. Tickets on sale soon. Will be a virtual conference.
- https://dashbit.co/blog/speeding-up-re-compilation-of-elixir-projects – Understanding the recompilation problem.
- https://dashbit.co/blog/rewriting-imports-to-aliases-with-compilation-tracers – Wojtek’s blog post on re-writing imports to aliases.
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1276082352448581635 – Jose sharing compilation improvements.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX6inmSF78c – Changelog podcast testing out LiveDashboard: “Let’s take Phoenix LiveDashboard for a spin!”
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_dashboard/ – Phoenix LiveDashboard
- https://bytepack.io/ – Where Wojtek has been spending his time recently
- https://dashbit.co/ – Dashbit
- https://twitter.com/wojtekmach – Wojtek Mach on Twitter
- https://github.com/wojtekmach – Wojtek Mach on Github
- https://thinkingelixir.com/elixir-in-vs-code/ – Elixir in VS Code. Getting your dev environment setup.
- https://thinkingelixir.com/elixir-in-the-type-system-quadrant/ – Understand what it means that Elixir is a Strong Dynamic language.
- https://thinkingelixir.com/install-elixir-using-asdf/ – Get started with ASDF. Try out the Elixir master branch!
Find us online
- Message the show – @ThinkingElixir
- Mark Ericksen – @brainlid
- David Bernheisel – @bernheisel
- Cade Ward – Github