Maciej Kaszubowski returns to talk about how read models can help modularize our systems. There is a focus on background job systems and how they fit in our modular designs. We cover push vs pull based systems and which is more maintainable. Maciej also shares his approach to learning and understanding a new Elixir library and more!
Elixir Community News
- https://www.erlang.org/news/148 – OTP 24 was released!
- https://blog.erlang.org/My-OTP-24-Highlights/ – Lukas Larsson’s blog post covers the highlights
- https://github.com/erlang/otp/issues/4821#issuecomment-840051976 – OTP 24 minor release pains – crypto OpenSSL lib change affects people on MacOS
- https://github.com/asdf-vm/asdf-erlang/wiki – David’s contribution to supporting the wxWidgets webview
- https://twitter.com/fhunleth/status/1392843846183174149 – Livebook support on Nerves is improved
- https://github.com/fhunleth/nerves_livebook – Lets you try out the Nerves projects on real hardware without needing to build anything. Includes tutorials.
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/issues/10983 – Allow tests to be compiled in ExUnit
- https://github.com/elixir-nx/nx/pull/390 – Nx gets while loops
- https://github.com/elixir-nx/nx/pull/406 – Nx gets maps support
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/pull/1440 – HEEx engine merged into Phoenix LiveView
- https://dashbit.co/blog/surface-liveview – Dashbit blog covering Surface and HEEX engine
Do you know some Elixir news we don’t? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir
- https://thinkingelixir.com/podcast-episodes/009-decomposing-models-with-maciej-kaszubowski – Previous interview with Maciej
- https://twitter.com/mkaszubowski94 – on Twitter
- https://github.com/mkaszubowski/ – on Github
- https://mkaszubowski.com – Blog
Find us online
- Message the show – @ThinkingElixir
- Mark Ericksen – @brainlid
- David Bernheisel – @bernheisel
- Cade Ward – @cadebward