We talk with Philipp Schmieder about his experience creating a LiveView application for a political party’s convention and then watching the app blow up. We learn how he recovered, why it failed, and how he fixed it going forward. We also discuss some other application architecture ideas and how they might work. It’s a great post-mortem discussion where Philipp shares his wisdom so others learn from his mistakes. After experiencing all this, find out why he’s still bullish on LiveView and Elixir!
Elixir Community News
- https://www.elixirconf.eu/ – ElixirConfEU – Warsaw Poland, September 9-10
- https://2021.elixirconf.com/ – ElixirConf US 2021 Austin, TX October 12-13 and Online, October 14-15.
- https://www.codebeambr.com/ – Code Beam Brazil posted their videos from 2020
- https://github.com/elixir-nx/livebook/pull/389 – Livebook gets “reactive inputs”
- https://github.com/elixir-nx/livebook/pull/410 – Livebook gets input color selectors
- https://github.com/kw7oe/livebook-notebooks/blob/main/debugging-with-tracing-in-elixir-with-recon_trace.livemd – Notebook explaining recon_trace by Kai Wern
- https://twitter.com/ThinkingElixir – Tell us about your project, post, conference, or other Elixir news!
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir
- https://www.keila.io/ – MailChimp-like project extracted for helping with mailings
- https://twitter.com/pentacent_hq – on Twitter
- https://github.com/wmnnd/ – on Github
- https://pentacent.com/ – Blog
Find us online
- Message the show – @ThinkingElixir
- Mark Ericksen – @brainlid
- David Bernheisel – @bernheisel
- Cade Ward – @cadebward