After covering the news we catch up on what Elixir things we’ve been thinking about and working on. Mark brings up using Livebook as a Business Intelligence tool for doing analysis of a running application’s data. David brings up how to design safe data migrations in Elixir systems, examples from the Rails ecosystem and how he’s thinking about that for Elixir.
Elixir Community News
- https://2021.elixirconf.com/#up-next – ElixirConf talks are being accepted! Speakers not yet fully announced.
- https://github.com/livebook-dev/livebook/pull/453 – Livebook gets “hover contexts”.
- https://github.com/fhunleth/nerves_livebook/releases/tag/v0.2.16 – Nerves Livebook updated release
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2lUa7PACV8 – Elixir Roundtable Number 4
- https://github.com/CargoSense/dart_sass – Mix wrapper around dart-sass
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir
- https://fly.io/docs/app-guides/elixir-livebook-connection-to-your-app/#business-intelligence-through-livebook – Fly.io docs for doing BI with Livebook to running apps
- https://github.com/livebook-dev/livebook – Livebook project
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_intelligence – Business Intelligence or BI
- https://www.metabase.com/ – OpenSource BI tool
- https://rubygems.org/gems/strong_migrations – RubyGem StrongMigrations
- No special guests this time.
Find us online
- Message the show – @ThinkingElixir
- Email the show – email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen – @brainlid
- David Bernheisel – @bernheisel
- Cade Ward – @cadebward