We talk with Elixir Core Team Member Aleksei Magusev about how he got involved in Elixir, what it’s like being on the Core Team, some of his contributions, areas in Elixir that interest him, and his tips for learning a new programming language! He also shares some of his interests outside of computing. Meet Aleksei!
Elixir Community News
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/issues/1617 – Initial proposal to bring slots to LiveView components.
- https://twitter.com/elixirbookclub/status/1437034456037068804 – Book Club started “Elixir in Action”
- https://techcrunch.com/2021/09/09/supabase-raises-30m-for-its-open-source-insta-backend/ – Supabase, which uses Elixir in their “realtime” project raised $30m
- https://github.com/supabase/realtime – Realtime project on github
- https://twitter.com/BrooklinJMyers/status/1436744292391923714 – New Podcast “Elixir Newbie”
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1436386868539662338 – Fly.io is now a sponsor of the Livebook project!
- https://github.com/elixir-desktop/android-example-app/ – Android Application that embeds Elixir, uses a Webview to connect locally to the server, and renders using LiveView!
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/pull/11246 – Mix Formatter Plugins PR
- ElixirConf EU has happened!
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/releases/tag/v1.12.3 – Elixir 1.12.3 released
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir
- https://tech.forzafootball.com/blog/binary-parsing-optimizations-in-elixir – Blog post by Aleksei Magusev on the Forza Football site
- https://web.archive.org/web/20130422214345/http://www.matasano.com/articles/crypto-challenges/ – The Matasano Crypto Challenge isn’t online anymore – this is from the Wayback Machine
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/pull/3390 – Early version of the capture_log work which was later simplified
- https://github.com/lexmag/cashmere – Caching library Aleksei created and open sourced
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/pull/4430 – PR adding difference highlighting to ExUnit output
- https://github.com/lexmag/elixir-style-guide – He wrote the very early version of Elixir Style Guide
Find us online
- Message the show – @ThinkingElixir
- Email the show – email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen – @brainlid
- David Bernheisel – @bernheisel
- Cade Ward – @cadebward