We talk with Dominic Letz about running Elixir on an Android phone installed in an APK which hosts a LiveView application accessed through a WebView! All while also pursuing a Web 3.0 architecture of being decentralized! Wow! There’s a lot going on here! Oh, and the tech is OpenSource!
Elixir Community News
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#162-2021-10-08 – Phoenix 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 were released.
- https://twitter.com/mcrumm/status/1446594887034408960 – Michael Crumm explains 1.6.2. It’s cool! We all make mistakes!
- https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/05/facebook-says-sorry-for-mass-outage-and-reveals-why-it-happened.html – Facebook major outage. Cause? Bad BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) config, bugs in the “don’t let that happen” checks, and being physically locked out of their offices because they couldn’t be authenticated.
- https://dev.to/oliverandrich/adding-bootstrap-to-a-phoenix-1-6-project-hfe – How to setup Bootstrap with esbuild
- https://twitter.com/elixirmembrane/status/1445768307643088897 – Membrane Framework getting a big update. Ability to record WebRTC sessions to MP4 and WebM.
- https://thinkingelixir.com/podcast-episodes/043-membrane-with-marcin-lewandowski/ – Previous discussion about Membrane
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1446443166048129028 – MSSQL / TDS Database driver for Elixir looking for new maintainer
- https://github.com/elixir-ecto/tds/issues/128 – TDS project issue with discussion
- https://nts.strzibny.name/12factor-elixir-phoenix-releases/ – 12-Factor app guide by Josef Strzibny updated for Phoenix 1.6 and esbuild
- https://12factor.net/ – 12-Factor is about “how to design your applications”
- https://hexdocs.pm/phoenix_bakery/PhoenixBakery.html – New library for Phoenix, about better compression for Phoenix assets
- https://twitter.com/fhunleth/status/1446448994310369281 – Nerves get’s bluetooth support enabled on hardware like the RPi3 while working in Nerves Livebook v0.2.25
- https://www.elixirconf.com/ – ElixirConf 2021
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir
- https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2020/01/06/what-is-web-3-0/?sh=6f627da58dfb – Decentralized Web 3.0 approach
- https://twitter.com/DominicLetz – on Twitter
- https://github.com/dominicletz/ – on Github
- https://elixirforum.com/u/dominicletz/summary – on Elixir Forum
- https://diode.io/ – Diode and blog
Find us online
- Message the show – @ThinkingElixir
- Email the show – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Ericksen – @brainlid
- David Bernheisel – @bernheisel
- Cade Ward – @cadebward