After a big news section, we talk with Alfred Reinold Baudisch about his project PardallMarkdown. It’s a reactive Elixir server that reads markdown files, compiles them to HTML, stores them in an ETS table, and serves them up. It’s a different take on serving markdown files for a blog. It can also be used as a wiki and supports deeply nested hierarchies. An interesting feature is it can be used as a library inside your own Phoenix application to provide blog posts or other “static” content.
Elixir Community News
- https://twitter.com/bernheisel/status/1449140793990598659 – Next ElixirConf will be in Gaylord Resort in Aurora (Denver) CO where it was a couple years ago
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqj39LCvnOWZna91xJ_i44g3rx4Brbpnv – Link the conference playlist. Videos starting to appear.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of1phFsC4ZI – Chris McCord’s keynote talking about Phoenix 1.6 and LiveView 0.17
- https://gist.github.com/chrismccord/2ab350f154235ad4a4d0f4de6decba7b – Phoenix 1.5.x to 1.6 upgrade instructions
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/tree/master – Phoenix LiveView 0.17
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/pull/1663 – New LiveView 0.17 feature for JS Commands
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/pull/1661 – Slots in LV
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1449391020999856139 – Elixir 1.13 covered by Jose Valim in an Elixir Conf talk
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydjx2kKHzrM&list=PLqj39LCvnOWZna91xJ_i44g3rx4Brbpnv&index=3 – Jose Valim’s presentation about Elixir 1.13
- https://livebook.dev/ – Livebook gets its own website!
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1450460641601462282 – Jose’s Twitter thread announcing the Livebook website and sharing what’s cool
- https://github.com/hauleth/mix_unused – mix_unused update 0.3 brings awareness to unused structs
- https://twitter.com/atyborska93/status/1448666832802443273 – Angelika Tyborska shared how using mix_unused on a big 5 year old project identified over 1,000 lines of code they were able to remove.
- https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkonrad/2021/10/14/gitlab-reaches-15-bil-market-cap-as-shares-jump-in-ipo/?sh=702033906a82 – GitLab goes public and reaches $15B market valuation
- https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/14/3-things-gitlabs-wild-ipo-pricing-says-about-public-markets/ – GitLab’s wild pricing story
- https://twitter.com/ChrisKeathley/status/1448685914046308354 – Chris Keathley transfers a number of Elixir packages he’s created to be managed and maintained more as community projects.
- https://twitter.com/chriskeathley/status/1449020207746453506 – Finch HTTP client was transferred as well
- https://github.com/mtrudel/bandit – New HTTP server called bandit
- https://github.com/mtrudel/thousand_island – Thousand Island is a modern, pure Elixir socket server, inspired heavily by ranch.
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir
- https://www.phoenixframework.org/blog/the-road-to-2-million-websocket-connections – Chris McCord’s post about scaling Phoenix to 2 million websockets on a single server
- https://twitter.com/alfredbaudisch – on Twitter
- https://github.com/alfredbaudisch/ – on Github
- https://alfredbaudisch.com – Website with Projects
- https://pardall.xyz – Sample Wiki with PardallMarkdown
- https://alfredbaudisch.medium.com – Medium Blog
Find us online
- Message the show – @ThinkingElixir
- Email the show – email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen – @brainlid
- David Bernheisel – @bernheisel
- Cade Ward – @cadebward