FontAwesome, the internet’s most popular icon toolkit, uses Elixir behind the scenes. We talk with Rob Madole to learn how they got there and Rob shares insights to what goes on behind-the-scenes. We cover how they teach Elixir to their team, Rob shares helpful resources, tips on giving good code reviews, pairing, how to find great talent, adding in OTP later, and much more!
Elixir Community News
- https://2020.elixirconf.com/ – ElixirConf 2020 Tickets On Sale – September 3-4.
- https://github.com/subvisual/dictator – Dictator 1.0 released. Dictator is an authorization library that uses Plug
- https://www.iotevolutionworld.com/newsroom/articles/446036-winners-the-2020-iot-evolution-product-the-year.htm – Nerves won IoT Product of the Year for NervesHub
- https://dalgona.github.io/Serum/ – Serum 1.5 released. Serum is a static site generator written in Elixir
Do you know some Elixir news we don’t? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/232193852/font-awesome-5/ – FontAwesome 5 Kickstarter
- https://twitter.com/robmadole/status/1278055974519988224 – Rob shared heat map graph measured in micro seconds
- https://fontawesome.com/6 – FontAwesome 6 announced
- https://cdn.fontawesome.com/ – Old CDN version
- https://blog.fontawesome.com/introducing-font-awesome-kits/ – FontAwesome Kits product
- https://www.linkedin.com/in/davegandy/ – Dave Gandy: FontAwesome founder
- https://www.linkedin.com/company/fort-awesome/ – FontAwesome on LinkedIn
- https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/ – TIOBE index of popular languages
- https://twitter.com/robmadole – Rob Madole on Twitter
- https://github.com/robmadole – Rob Madole on GitHub
- https://twitter.com/fontawesome – FontAwesome Twitter account
Learning Elixir? Pattern matching is a big foundational piece. This FREE course helps you get that “super power” feeling and helps you “get it” faster and more completely. I’m giving this away because I want everyone to have access to it.
Find us online
- Message the show – @ThinkingElixir
- Mark Ericksen – @brainlid
- David Bernheisel – @bernheisel
- Cade Ward – Github